We know Tomato Products. We love tomato. Here are some fun facts about tomato – some you may know; others may surprise you…
- A tomato is a fruit. The confusion arose after the 1890s when the US supreme court named them a vegetable for taxation purposes. A fruit is the edible part of the plant containing seeds, a vegetable is stem, leaf or root.
- The scientific name for tomato is Lycopersicon lycopersicum meaning wolf peach.
- Tomatoes are rich in lycopene, an antioxidant that is good for the heart and effective against certain cancers.
- Cooked tomatoes are actually better for you than raw ones, as more beneficial chemicals are released.
- There are over 10,000 varieties of tomato, these come in a variety of colors including pink, purple, black, yellow and white.
As your partner in food trade and an expert in the sourcing and trade of bulk Tomato Paste, Diced Tomatoes, and Crushed Tomatoes, we know our tomato products. See our Tomato Products Page or call our sourcing experts today for more information.
Interra is a specialty food distributor focusing on Proteins, and Commodities products. We can help you find the right source at the right price! – Call today for more information +1 770-612-8101, or fill out our contact us form!