Interra is presently seeking a motivated Credit Specialist to join the ranks of its Credit & Risk Management Team.
The Credit Specialist is responsible for developing and maintaining excellent customer service to internal and external customers while effectively managing negotiations with customers with delinquent accounts and processing product claims from customers. The Credit Specialist supports all daily Credit department operations. The Credit Specialist works with the sales and purchasing, and other teams as needed, to resolve issues brought by customers related to claims and collections.
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA
You will be directed to our general employment contact form.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Investigate any claims from customers.
- Assist with claims inquires and provides resolution in a timely manner.
- Identify and initiate resolution of customer issues.
- Communicate with cargo insurance as needed on claim issues.
- Provide feedback to internal and external customers on claim status.
- Review customer credit terms and collect customer payments in accordance with terms.
- Plan collections by receiving and analyzing delinquency reports and then determining appropriate action; determine most effective and economical means of collecting for each account.
- Apply due diligence practices to collect monies owed. Research and analyze accounts prior to initiating contact with customer, examine historical data and evaluate past collection efforts.
- Notify customers of delinquent status. Compose and provide correspondence (phone, email, fax, mail) leveraging knowledge of procedures and practices in collections. Prepare and mail invoices, past-due notices, customer statements and request-for-payment letters for delinquent accounts.
- Collect accounts by discussing situation with customer and developing a solution.
- Enlist the efforts of sales when necessary to accelerate the collection process.
- Document collection actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records. Maintain files on all assigned past due accounts, documenting details of methods utilized to secure payment.
- Process cash postings and generate/distribute invoices to customers.
- Apply payments received to proper accounts, keeping accurate accounting records of each transaction; reconcile records with computer reports; make necessary adjustments or corrections.
- Reconcile customer disputes as they pertain to payment of outstanding balances that are due, with input from sales.
- Manage high-volume correspondence (phone, email, fax, mail) with customers while maintaining high level of professionalism and customer service and keeping and improving customer relations.
- Communicate and follow-up with Sales team regarding customer accounts on a timely basis.
- Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Document customer contacts on system(s) of record.
- BBA/BBS Accounting Degree from an accredited university
- 3+ years of Accounting Experience
- Database experience
- NAV experience
- Advanced experience with Excel
- JET Reports Design experience
Commitment to Diversity
Interra International is committed to the policy of providing equal employment opportunities for training, compensation, transfer, promotion, and other aspects of employment for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status.
Every effort is made to ensure that our policies regarding hiring, salary administration, promotion, and transfer are based solely on job requirements, job performance, and job related criteria. In addition, our personnel policies and practices – including those relating to compensation, benefits, transfer, retention, termination, training, self-development opportunities, as well as social and recreational programs – are administered without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or other basis prohibited by law.
At Interra, we have a strong commitment to enriching the overall well-being of our employees. As part of our commitment, Interra works diligently to offer and maintain competitive benefits to promote the good health of its employees and their families.
Interra provides a full range of benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) with employer match
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short/Long-term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career Enhancement Seminars
Send us your resume: email@example.com