The Manager, Operations is responsible for organizing and managing the daily functions of the operations department. This role is an expert in international logistics and shipping, supporting global logistics operations and ensuring seamless, on-time delivery of outbound and inbound product shipments. Additionally, this role ensures trades are processed as requested per internal procedures, with a strong emphasis on maintaining the contract and staying within budget. The Manager, Operations is responsible for collaborating with other departments and outside vendors to ensure proper execution of trade.
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA
You will be directed to our general employment contact form.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in transportation, international business, supply chain or related field
- 3+ years of people management experience
- 7+ years of relevant experience in international multi-modal transportation, contract management, or international supply chain.
- Required Language Abilities: Bilingual fluency in Spanish and English, or trilingual fluency in Spanish, Portuguese and English.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Forms, Teams).
- Knowledge of U.S. import and export regulations, foreign customs requirements, letters of credit, free trade agreements, and international shipping requirements.
- Knowledge of the Global Transportation and Distribution Industry.
- Knowledge and strong experience managing global carriers for temperature sensitive products.
- Knowledge and expertise in contract management in support of global transportation agreements.
- Strong negotiation skills to assist in optimizing transportation networks and negotiating optimum service and price agreements for Interra.
- Strong planning/program management skills with forecasting capabilities.
- Ability to lead and direct multi-functional teams.
- Ability to work in high stress situations.
- Must have excellent business acumen, communication (verbal and written) and customer service skills.
- Keen attention to detail and organization, accurately checking processes and tasks.
- Ability to build solutions to create long-lasting results, positive outcomes and value.
- Ability to handle critical deadline demands in a fast-paced work environment.
Commitment to Diversity
Interra International is committed to the policy of providing equal employment opportunities for training, compensation, transfer, promotion, and other aspects of employment for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status.
Every effort is made to ensure that our policies regarding hiring, salary administration, promotion, and transfer are based solely on job requirements, job performance, and job related criteria. In addition, our personnel policies and practices - including those relating to compensation, benefits, transfer, retention, termination, training, self-development opportunities, as well as social and recreational programs - are administered without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or other basis prohibited by law.
At Interra, we have a strong commitment to enriching the overall well-being of our employees. As part of our commitment, Interra works diligently to offer and maintain competitive benefits to promote the good health of its employees and their families.
Interra provides a full range of benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) with employer match
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short/Long-term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career Enhancement Seminars