The Global Trade Compliance Specialist is responsible for coordinating and resolving all export cargo documentation issues related to the prompt and accurate release of cargo, working with suppliers and customers, government agencies, foreign locations, and global ocean freight providers. This job ensures that all cargo is manifested properly to U.S. Customs utilizing AES (Automated Export System). He/She submits and reviews accuracy of negotiable bills of lading, associated health and other certifications, and creates commercial documents to ensure proper release at shipment destination.
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA
You will be directed to our Bamboo HR site to view a full job description and have the option to apply.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare Items for Shipping Documentation
- Monitors ordering system for new orders
- Secure Information to Create Documents for Export Bookings
- Maintains accurate list of documents required by country, trade lane and/or customer to ensure most efficient process.
- Creates and submits commercial documents for timely and accurate clearance at origin and destination by trade authorities.
- Adhere to Trade Terms
- Track Deliveries
- Maintains active knowledge of where all products for transactions are at all times
- Provide Customer Service
- Manages compliance and documentation issues and escalates issues to Logistics, Sales or more senior members or the Global Trade Compliance team as needed.
Commitment to Diversity
Interra International is committed to the policy of providing equal employment opportunities for training, compensation, transfer, promotion, and other aspects of employment for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status.
Every effort is made to ensure that our policies regarding hiring, salary administration, promotion, and transfer are based solely on job requirements, job performance, and job related criteria. In addition, our personnel policies and practices – including those relating to compensation, benefits, transfer, retention, termination, training, self-development opportunities, as well as social and recreational programs – are administered without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or other basis prohibited by law.
At Interra, we have a strong commitment to enriching the overall well-being of our employees. As part of our commitment, Interra works diligently to offer and maintain competitive benefits to promote the good health of its employees and their families.
Interra provides a full range of benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) with employer match
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short/Long-term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career Enhancement Seminars