The Help Desk Specialist provides support to end users on a variety of technology issues. Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems. Responds to telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical support. Documents, tracks and monitors the problem to ensure a timely resolution. The Help Desk Specialist helps the organization improve their efficiency by ensuring computer equipment, hardware, and software are kept up to date to meet organizational needs.
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA
You will be directed to our Bamboo HR site to view a full job description and have the option to apply.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for diagnosing, troubleshooting and resolving IT related issues involving workstation hardware and software, printing, and network connectivity.
- Ensures optimization and maintenance of uptime, performance, resource utilization and security.
- Works with internal and the occasional external client to resolve basic problems.
- Performs troubleshooting and problem resolution for all types of the IT infrastructure as assigned – hardware, software, telecommunications, business applications, connectivity, etc.
- Configures and sets up workstations.
- Participates in troubleshooting and arrives at workable solutions.
- Assists in facilitating application operating system updates, patches, and configuration changes.
- Installs and configures new hardware and software.
- Maintains and tracks security access badges.
- Has a strong interest in keeping up-to-date with new technology trends.
Commitment to Diversity
Interra International is committed to the policy of providing equal employment opportunities for training, compensation, transfer, promotion, and other aspects of employment for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status.
Every effort is made to ensure that our policies regarding hiring, salary administration, promotion, and transfer are based solely on job requirements, job performance, and job related criteria. In addition, our personnel policies and practices – including those relating to compensation, benefits, transfer, retention, termination, training, self-development opportunities, as well as social and recreational programs – are administered without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or other basis prohibited by law.
At Interra, we have a strong commitment to enriching the overall well-being of our employees. As part of our commitment, Interra works diligently to offer and maintain competitive benefits to promote the good health of its employees and their families.
Interra provides a full range of benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) with employer match
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short/Long-term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career Enhancement Seminars