The Manager, Sales is responsible for managing a team of sales managers, setting direction and deploying resources for his/her region. The Manager, Sales manages of team of Relationship Managers and builds relationships with customers in order to sell Interra’s products and services. The Manager, Sales works through his or her team to sell a wide range of globally sourced products (i.e. beef, poultry, pork, grains, beans) to customers in Food Service, Industrial Processing and Retail industries. He/She develops leads team members to develop new sales opportunities and optimize existing accounts to increase market share and new product sales. The Manager, Sales oversees direct reports in all aspects of the business relationship between the company and its customers, as well as growing the profitability of the business and the organization to support the business strategy. He/She is responsible for driving revenue and maintaining accountability for established goals and objectives within his/her region, as well as providing leadership, direction and training to his/her team. The Manager, Sales is ultimately achieves results primarily through the work of others. He/She must be effective at influencing and negotiating with parts of the organization where he/she doesn’t hold formal authority.
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA
You will be directed to our general employment contact form.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sales or Supply Forecasting
- Forecasts price trends and their impact on future activities for the department.
- Works with direct reports to analyze historical data and identify trends and establish seasonality to sales.
- Develop and maintain plans for region and/or customer penetration and expansion. Gain agreement from management on plans.
- Annual Budgeting
- Align final budget to current resources and determine if additional resources are needed.
- Sales or Supply Forecasting
- Reviews forecasts with direct reports and internal teams frequently. Assists direct reports in updating forecasts. Communicates updates to management team.
- Recruits Staff
- Coordinates Sales Efforts
- Inventory Management
- Communicates product availability and need reports from team to other departments.
- Risk Management
- Monitor the relevant commodity/agricultural market in the area and informs team of risks.
Commitment to Diversity
Interra International is committed to the policy of providing equal employment opportunities for training, compensation, transfer, promotion, and other aspects of employment for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status.
Every effort is made to ensure that our policies regarding hiring, salary administration, promotion, and transfer are based solely on job requirements, job performance, and job related criteria. In addition, our personnel policies and practices - including those relating to compensation, benefits, transfer, retention, termination, training, self-development opportunities, as well as social and recreational programs - are administered without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or other basis prohibited by law.
At Interra, we have a strong commitment to enriching the overall well-being of our employees. As part of our commitment, Interra works diligently to offer and maintain competitive benefits to promote the good health of its employees and their families.
Interra provides a full range of benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) with employer match
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short/Long-term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career Enhancement Seminars