Powdered milk comes in a variety of forms, such as whole, skim, and nonfat, buttermilk and halal, calcium caseinate, kosher, concentrates, and blends. Powered milks are produced by extracting the water and fat from fresh milk. The drying process retains the beneficial nutrients and amino acids. They have an excellent shelf life and are used in cooking and as a supplement in drinks, shakes, and puddings to provide extra calcium and as an emergency food supply.
Powdered Milks are a Great Source of Vitamins and Minerals
These powered milks are a great source of vitamins and minerals such as:
- Vitamin A – which is a fat-soluble, antioxidant and beneficial to your immune system, vision, organ function, reproduction, and more.
- Vitamin D – which serves a variety of functions in the body beyond aiding Calcium absorption, including bone and muscle health, and protection from cardiovascular disease to name a few.
- Vitamin E – which is a fat-soluble vitamin that benefits the body by helping to balance cholesterol, fight free radicals, repair damaged skin, thickens hair, balances hormones, and improves vision, endurance, and muscle strength.
- Vitamin K – which is another fat-soluble vitamin that plays an important role in blood clotting, bone metabolism, and regulating calcium levels.
The Many Uses of Powdered Milk
It turns out powdered milk is very versatile as well as healthy. Powdered milk can be reconstituted into many useful forms including:
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Evaporated Milk
- Hot Cocoa
- Whipped Toppings
- Heavy Cream substitute
- Coffee Creamers
- Added to instant cereals such as oatmeal
- Other cooking applications
Powdered milk has many uses and many varieties. If your business depends on dairy/milk products and would like to explore the significant advantages of wholesale powdered milk, let Interra International introduce you to the best sources worldwide. With diary and non-dairy varieties available, whole, skim, nonfat choices and blends, having a knowledgeable powdered milk distributor gives you an advantage. Contact Interra for more information on our global trade solutions.